Are you looking for a way to start your own blog without having to invest in a domain name? You’re in luck! In this article, we will outline the steps necessary to start your own blog without a domain.
When I started, I wondered can I start a blog without a domain. Now, it's 2023. And yes, you still can.
My first blog was on blogger.com. It probably still exists somewhere. However, I have migrated to my own domain and hosting for better control.
Internet certainely has more to give then we give it credit for. You can blog for free, without having to spend a dime. Just your time, a computer and internet is what’s required really for you to start blogging.
Choose a Blogging Platform
Here are some websites that I have handpicked from the internet that allows you to blog for free.
7. Tumblr Blog
8. Google Sites
- You can create a Google Site account for free by going to: google.com/site/create
- Once you have created your Google Site, you will need to go to: gsuite.com and sign in with your Google Account credentials
- Click on the “Blogs” tab at the top of the page and then click on “Create Blog.”
- On the Blog Creation Page, enter a name for your blog (e.g “My First Blog”), choose a template (e.g “Standard”) and set up your blog’s initial settings (e.g “Name, Email Address, and Theme”).
- To add content, select from one of the many premade templates or create a new post using the “Add New Post” button at the bottom of the page
- and just follow the instructions!
I just explained some basic steps for Google Sites.
If you wish to decide to use another platform the list, the sign up and posting process will be equally as easy.
You might also be interested in What application allows you to create and design a website without any coding knowledge?
Add Your Profile Picture and Bio
A profile picture and Bio are important, when there is space to add these. Please make sure you fill these up for you. It gives a sense of connectedness for your readers to you as they can put a face to the name of the author of the blog posts.
This helps in building credibility too.
Give them a bit of a background about yourself in the Bio section too, so they know a little bit about you.
Make Money By Writing
One of the things that writing helps you achieve is that you can actually building a living out of it. When I first started online, all I did was to write content for hours and hours. I thoroughly enjoyed the process as I got myself familiar with so many subjects. My learning curve went crazy with all these new topics that was learning from.
Writing is one of the top ways of earning money online
Publishing yourself online can not get easier than this! Sign up to a website of your choice and write away.
There are many benefits to writing a blog without a domain. For one, it’s a great way to get your thoughts and ideas out there without having to spend any money. Additionally, it allows you to reach a wider audience since anyone can access your blog without having to log in or provide any personal information. Finally, writing a blog without a domain is a great way to practice your writing skills and improve your overall writing style.
Research has found that writing can –
- improve your communication skills.
- help you better understand yourself and others.
- help you organize your thoughts and ideas.
- help you express your emotions in a healthy way.
- help you process and understand difficult life experiences.
- help you heal from trauma and grief.
- improve your mental and physical health.
Starting your own blog can be daunting if you don’t know where to begin. But by following these simple tips, you can get started right away. If you’re thinking too – ‘can I start a blog without a domain’ then the above is your answer to that!